Home restoration is more complicated than building a house from the ground up. A home that has been destroyed by old age, disasters, mold, flooding and other damages require a different approach. Restoration also serves as preventive measures for homes that are still livable, but are on the verge of being destroyed.
HOME DISASTER RESTORATION
Fox Contracting has been helping families get back to normal after a storm, fire, flood, or other unexpected catastrophes for years. We provide various restoration services, such as roof damage, smoke removal, and mold remediation.
Fox Contracting is your best choice for your home restoration needs because of our:
- IICRC-trained technicians – The technicians Fox Contracting employs are certified by the IICRC “Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration.” IICRC is the best non-profit certification institute for the inspection, cleaning and restoration industries. Our technicians follow the rules and standards set by IICRC. This also means that they are updated with current trends and regulations, since certification requires continuing education.
- Specialized Equipment – Every restoration job requires specific equipment in order to perform the task at hand seamlessly. With Fox Contracting handling the restoration, you are guaranteed that only the best and most appropriate equipment are used to bring back your home’s pre-damage condition.
- Quick Response Time – Many restoration jobs are due to disasters no one was prepared for. Our clients, usually frustrated, afraid, stressed or overwhelmed, can be rest assured that the Fox Contracting team performs the job with a strict deadline in mind so you could go back to normal as quickly as possible.
- Insurance Help – If you have insurance and do not have an idea how to go about your claim, Fox Contracting can guide you through the process and recover from your losses worry-free. We work with all insurance companies.
Casualties happen regardless of the state of your home. A flood, storm, snowstorm, hurricane, and other forces beyond our control can occur at any time. With a professional and certified contractor by your side, you’ll have peace of mind that the damages (and the nightmare that went with it) will have no trace inside or outside your home once we’ve completed the project.
OLD HOME RESTORATION
Whether you bought an old home and want to have it revamped, or was unable to maintain a family home for several years, Fox Contracting can help you with restoration that could withstand the test of time.
Unlike constructing a new home from the ground up, restoration involves tailored services to fit your needs. Some may only require aesthetic changes to modernize the home, while others would have to undergo a complete overhaul.
If you are unsure where to start with your home restoration, here is a useful checklist so you can have an idea of what services you might need:
- Inspection – A comprehensive inspection to identify problems should be a priority. Everything from the roof, insulation, electricity, HVAC, plumbing, walls, and specific rooms must be double-checked for damages.
- Deconstruction – It is more than likely that you’re not fond of many of your home’s fixtures, layout, and installed systems. If this is the case, we can handle demolition of certain rooms or elements, while preserving other livable spaces that you wish to save.
- Foundation – Before fixing any other damages, it is important to determine if the foundation is still stable. Our engineers can help determine if your home’s foundation requires reinforcement.
- Compatibility – We understand that some clients would want to mix the old with the new to preserve the vintage feel, or to save money. However, it is important to note that materials used a decade or two ago may not be available in the market today. Fox Contracting can help find the most compatible materials for each part of the project.
- Environmental hazards – Since an old home may be possibly have lead paint and asbestos present, it is best to leave the pros to handle these hazards with proper safety precautions.
- Upgrades – Obsolete or failing systems such as heating and cooling are often endorsed to be upgraded. If there isn’t any major system failure, but you want to modernize your HVAC or switch to LED lighting from inside out, then Fox Contracting can help.