Kitchen renovation is a major home improvement project. It is similar to a bathroom renovation wherein contractors have to dig deep, then inside and out, to check important aspects like gas lines and plumbing. In some projects, even built-in appliances have to be torn down and replaced. When you decide that it’s time to give your kitchen a makeover, it is best to hire professionals to do the job for you.
Here are 10 reasons to hire a pro for your kitchen renovation:
- Kitchen designs – If you’re revamping your entire kitchen, a designer should be able to turn your ideas into workable plans. It doesn’t matter if your visions haven’t been fully formed yet. Our skilled designer can guide you about trends, styles, and kitchen elements based on your given budget, your family’s needs, as well as prep station, storage and workstation requirements.
- Demolish – Tearing down elements of your kitchen is a huge task. One wrong move and you might tear up gas lines. Once everything that needs to be torn down has been removed and disposed, the actual renovation begins.
- Structural repair – Now that the kitchen has become bare, with your flooring, cabinetry, backsplash and appliance has been removed, damages to the structure of your kitchen may be exposed. If you’re lucky and there isn’t a need to repair the drywall or ceiling, then all you need to do is clean the area. A contractor can inspect the kitchen’s structure and recommend necessary repairs.
- Electrical and mechanical systems – If you plan on adding more kitchen lighting or outlets, be prepared for rewiring and additional wiring. Ductwork must also be done if you are installing a new stove. A licensed electrician can easily and safely install these upgrades for you.
- Plumbing – A fully-functional plumbing system lets you use the sink, dishwasher and refrigerator properly. It is important to deal with the plumbing first, before adding aesthetic elements to your kitchen. A certified plumber can measure and install pipes properly, connect the system effectively, and reduce chances of future damages. Our team can help relocate, upgrade or build your plumbing system.
- Gas lines – Rerouting gas lines is a complicated and unsafe task, so this is best left to be handled by professionals. Note that gas pipes run either through the walls, roof space, or underneath the house, and cannot be simply moved. An experienced gas specialist can rerun the pipes based on your new kitchen design.
- Storage systems –Cabinets doesn’t just serve as you storage system in the kitchen. Since these are attached to the subfloor and mounted on your walls, the cabinets will become part of the kitchen’s foundation. This system will then support a wide range of kitchen elements, including your sink, counter and appliances.
- Countertop – Usually the centerpiece to any kitchen, a countertop gives character to your space. You can choose from granite, marble, or laminate, all of which are easy to maintain and highly durable. A skilled contractor can install countertops perfectly, seals it in place flawlessly, and fit the sink or range seamlessly.
- Tile Backsplash and flooring – Installing tiles is probably the simplest among all tasks during kitchen renovation, but it can be time-consuming when done by non-pros. A backsplash adds texture and personality to the entire kitchen, while tiles provide easy-to-maintain flooring. Fox Contracting offer warranties on tile backsplash and flooring.
- Built-in kitchen appliance – Although appliances are installed or built into the kitchen last, but our team should be able to measure them while planning the kitchen design. This is particularly important since many of the elements in a kitchen are connected (gas lines for the oven, water and power for the dishwasher/fridge, exhaust fan for the stove, etc.). Messing up one of these connections could cause a domino effect of damages.
Fox Contracting has been in the construction and renovation industry for years. We understand that renovation projects can be expensive, which is why we guarantee exceptional workmanship that would stand the test of time. We employ only the best electricians, plumbers, builders, and carpenters in Vancouver. Give us a call today, and let us help you turn your kitchen ideas into reality.